Long Term Care Planning in Southern California
When the time comes that you realize that your parent or other older loved one is in need of a heightened level of care, it can be difficult to know what to do and how to afford it. Long-term care can cost tens of thousands of dollars per year. Finding the funds to support that level of care is a major challenge that calls for guidance that understands what benefits are available and how to secure them.
There are differing types of long-term care, including:
- Care at home – The resident is visited regularly by a home health care assistant for assistance with basic household responsibilities as well as monitoring of health.
- Retirement community – Residential living for seniors with minimal supervision.
- Assisted living – Residential living for seniors with many available services, but without the medical care of a nursing home.
- Board and care – A better quality residential environment limited to six seniors.
- Nursing home – Full medical care in a residential setting.
As a senior progresses through these levels of long-term care, the costs become greater. We can help you understand the benefits that are available through Medi-Cal and Social Security as well as options for best managing personal assets with a focus on protecting the senior’s home.
Dedicated To Helping Seniors And Their Families Face The Financial Challenges Of Long-Term Care
At the California Elder Law Center, we are committed to helping you find the best available solutions to your older loved one’s care needs, including how to pay for that care. We are well connected to the community of long-term care providers in our area, and we can help you find the best-suited provider for your situation. Our extensive experience in helping families secure the funds they need, as well as helping them understand the different long-term care options, allows us to provide comprehensive assistance to the families of older loved ones in need of care.
Contact The Long Term Care Advisors Of The California Elder Law Center
We all want our loved ones to have access to the long-term care that they need as they grow older. Turn to the long term care advisors at California Elder Law Center for help understanding how to secure the funds necessary to ensure your loved one has the care he or she needs. To schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your long-term care questions with an attorney at our firm, call us at 562-600-0815, or fill out the contact form and we will call you.